Podium live privacy

Setup and configuration for Race Capture Pro real-time telemetry features

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

speaksgeek

Podium live privacy

Post by speaksgeek »

I'm eagerly awaiting my pre-ordered Podium connect, and have signed up to Podium live, but I can't find any mention of my question.

Is it possible make the Podium data private and accessible only to authorised viewers?
In certain competitive situations, it would not be in the team's best interest for other competitors to be able to see the detailed info available.

speaksgeek

Post by speaksgeek »

Anyone?
I guess I'll find out when I receive the PodiumConnect and can get into testing it, but I'd like to know what to expect.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Sorry we missed this!

Right now, Podium is a free service, with public sharing of events. We're also building it as a type of social network for racers, so there is inherent value for us to promote public sharing of racing data, for fun and education - that's why it's free.

For those that view themselves at higher levels of competition, we will be introducing a couple of service levels that offer varying levels of event privacy, at what we hope is a reasonable cost. We'll be revealing more on that in the coming weeks.

Hope this helps,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

speaksgeek

Post by speaksgeek »

Thanks Brent

brentp wrote:Hi,

Sorry we missed this!

Right now, Podium is a free service, with public sharing of events. We're also building it as a type of social network for racers, so there is inherent value for us to promote public sharing of racing data, for fun and education - that's why it's free.

For those that view themselves at higher levels of competition, we will be introducing a couple of service levels that offer varying levels of event privacy, at what we hope is a reasonable cost. We'll be revealing more on that in the coming weeks.

Hope this helps,

jeremyporsche

Podium live privacy

Post by jeremyporsche »

Good afternoon,
I saw the message of speaksgeek and I have the same request.
I would like sometime to have private connection, especially i would like to keep my fuel value private, the rest doesn't bother me.
Perhaps you have advanced on this topic since the beginning of the year.

Thanks so lot

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello, yes - we do have private data available for Podium via a subscription. We haven't fully rolled out the announcement, but you can email [email protected] for details and how to sign up.

Thank you,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter