which model of Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor for AF

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

theycallmetk

which model of Bosch LSU 4.9 sensor for AF

Post by theycallmetk »

Hi,

i bought the AF controller with my data package. I am trying to buy the bosch lsu 4.9 sensor but want to make sure i have the right one. i see two on Amazon / every where else i look.

They seem to have different model numbers. one says 17025 sensor and one says 17014 OE fitment etc etc.

then i see the 15733 "universal fitment" which seems like it would work for all?

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-15733-Oxyge ... BMTB9QZSSR

I am putting it into a preexisting bung in my shoenfeld 2.3L headers.

just looking for a link to buy the right one.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

The 17025 sensor is a LSU 4.9 and will work with the Texense wideband controller. We're also looking at the 17032 for compatibility.

The 15733 is a narrowband sensor and will not work.

Hope this helps - will confirm the 17032 shortly.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

I received word that the 17025 definitely works. Bosch # 0258017025
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

theycallmetk

Post by theycallmetk »

thank you kindly ! I will go with the 17025 then I think. Are the differences in these the plastic connector wire part, or the end of the sensor that goes in the exhaust bung?

last question: is there a max length of wire (due to resistance) that can be used when connecting a ssensor to the main unit? I am looking for a place to put my main unit that is dry (boat).

can I use any 24 AWG air craft grade high temp wire like what you have listed? or should it be directly from you.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The 1702 should just work. No differences in plastic connector or bung.

So long as you're not running 100 feet of wiring you should be fine. Any shielded wire will work well for you.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Billy C

Post by Billy C »

I was lurking around and came across this post and wanted to point out that since 2016, many oems and remans have started using the 4.9 style sensor so they are abundant. There are many different wiring lengths to choose from. I've actually had better luck with the Desno 4.9 sensor in place of the typical bosch that comes with all of the wideband controllers out there plus the wire tail on the bosch is like a mile long. NTK also manufactures 4.9 sensors for the aftermarket now and I'm sure they're as good if not better than the bosch. I've toasted about 4 or 5 bosch 17025 over the years in high-performance applications with less than 10,000 miles on them. Almost all the aftermarket/OEM 4.9 sensors are a direct drop-in replacement for the bosch and produce identical readings on the AEM, Innovative, Glowshift, and ECUMaster controllers I've used.

Two alternate Denso part numbers to try:

234-5097 (short wire 9" or so)
234-5076 (medium wire 24" or so)

These can be cross-referenced on RockAuto or some other database and find the NTK or Bosch equivalent. The 17025 is far from the only option.

As far as wiring goes, I've been ok without shielded wiring even when they are integrated into the harness but it's better to use a 4 conductor twisted cable with a braided shield for the signal wires. I'm sure there is an "ideal" way to arrange the twisted pairs but it's really not important. Power 12v can be unshielded and pulled from the factory harness if necessary. power ground should come from the controller for controlled warmup.
-Billy C

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the additional information!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter