Best method to integrate Izze temp sensors?

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

F1 Dennis

Best method to integrate Izze temp sensors?

Post by F1 Dennis »

For the Izze tire temp sensors,
I see there is a page that outlines a lua script to handle the CAN mapping.
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/Izze_Rac ... re_Sensors

The script all makes sense, but I have seen a few other posts from Bret mentioning that using the built in CAN mapping is better in some cases. It’ll also be nice to save some lua script room for other stuff.
Also I see the new beta firmware 2.13 has tire temp displays built in. Is the lue script from the link above still the best method? Or should the CAN mapping tools on 2.13 be used for this?

Thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

The best way to use the Izze temperature sensors is to use the built-in preset. You can find that available in the latest 1.12.x app. You no longer need the Lua integration.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

F1 Dennis

Post by F1 Dennis »

Thanks Brent!
Those presets are great. I was able to switch them on pretty quick thanks to those.

I can see the the temp readings in the dashboard list screen, but the tire temp screen isn't showing the data on the tire graphics. I tried clicking on the tire graphics to see if there was a setting to change but I didn't see anything that would help.

Some of my settings that are unique:
I have 8 channels each in the front 1200+1201 and 1204+1205
and the rears have the standard 4 channels each 1208 and 1212

I also wired mine mirrored left to right from the way Izze does their wiring. So I just made sure to change the CAN mapping to match my sensor designation.

How can I get the temps to show up on that great tire temp dash page?

Thanks,
Dennis

(ps sorry about the typo on your name in the previous post.)

F1 Dennis

Post by F1 Dennis »

Oh I think I figured it out.
I see the naming convention for the heat map display screen is different from the one used on the preset. I took out the underscores from the presets and it worked. Also the letters for Front and Back and Left and Right are switched.
TireTmp_LF1 should be: TireTmpFL1

I could still use some advice on how to best consolidate my 8 channel fronts to 4 as I see the display screen only shows up to 4.

Thanks,
Dennis

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks, Dennis - we'll fix it so the preset and the screen defaults match.

Does the Izze sensors support downsampling to 8? Otherwise, you can manually down sample by choosing 4 of the available zones across the entire field of view.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter