RPM Settings - ICE Ignition System

All sensor specific discussions! Temperature, pressure, steering angle, brake and throttle, etc. Post adaptations of OEM-style sensors, and also your clever DIY hacks and custom designs here too!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

cameron

RPM Settings - ICE Ignition System

Post by cameron »

After adjusting software settings (newbie to the Pro3) I am having big drama's getting racecapture to read the tach signal coming out of the ICE Ignition on my SBC (carby with distributor and single coil).

Any help appreciated.

ICE IGNITION SIGNAL OUTPUT:
Tach Output: ( 12 volt square wave - normally high, then low for 1.1 m/s per spark ).

https://www.iceignition.com/wp-content/ ... G-2012.pdf

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

What kind of big drama are you observing? Do you get any values at all for your RPM channel? Is there a reading that is noisy, or is it just set to 0?

How do you have your channel configured under Setup? If you can share a screenshot that would be helpful.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

cameron

Post by cameron »

Hi Brent
Reads like 6050rpm at idle (actual =1200rpm)
channel mode: rpm
timer speed:medium
pulse per rev: 1/4
sample: 10hz
channel: rpm

Rev the engine to say 3500rpm it will read around 9000rpm

change channel modes, pulse per rev, sample, timer speed it still reads all over the shop like 400rpm - 9000rpm depending on combo's selected. But its never close to 1200rpm or multiples/divisions of it. Just looking for a pattern.
Speaking with ice technical its a clean 12v squarewave which should be simple. Electric rpm gauges read it fine.
Knowing me it will be a setting i missed.
As far as wiring our auto electrician is top notch so definitely not a rcpro3 wiring issue.

cheers
Cam

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

When you are watching the values, does it change smoothly, but simply at the wrong value, or is it jumpy and erratic?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

cameron

Post by cameron »

Brent
I am not with the car at this moment but smooth and pretty steady (from memory) but wrong values

cheers
cam

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

What RPM do you see (actual vs indicated) what it is set for 1 pulse-per-revolution?

Also, what type of engine is it, and what kind of ignition system does it have?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter