New troublemaker for RaceCapture and Data Acquisition

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Aklackner

New troublemaker for RaceCapture and Data Acquisition

Post by Aklackner »

Hi,
I wanted to take the time to introduce myself since I've already started posting pleas for help elsewhere on the forum.

First of all, I might as well own it, I'm another Honda guy. Worse I've yet to spend a single day on the track (as of 12/2018), though the goal is to fix that.

After an earlier project car was rear-ended on the road and totaled before I could get it to a track day, I've moved forward with an updated project, in a 2001 Acura Integra Type R that I've been slowly working on for the last year.
https://www.typerclub.org/forums/viewto ... ?f=9&t=201

My ITR will be primarily a street-driven car, but as well prepared for track days as a (mostly) street legal car can be.
As a street-driven car, monitoring and warning systems will be very important to me beyond just data acquisition and analysis.
My recent purchase of a Jackson Racing Supercharger increases the importance of continual monitoring since it brings increased heat loads and likelihood of detonation.

I stumbled on the AutoSportLabs page a couple months ago while looking for a better way to support addition of a few analog sensors that I want to monitor. While it was a great resource on wiring up sensors directly to 5v inputs on my Hondata ECU, I became very interested in the RaceCapture devices as a way of pulling all my data plus GPS\Accel. into a single place with customized dashboard(s), gauges, warnings and also provide a means to output a trigger for a failsafe tune on my ecu.

I now have the RaceCapture\Pro MK3 and managed to setup the app on a Raspberry Pi (via the wiki instructions) today.

While my ITR is still a bare shell, I've started playing with trying to get basic OBDII info out of my daily driver (2010 Acura TSX). I figure it will help build some experience and a bit of an understanding of the functionality.

Thanks for all the help and resources that have gone into RaceCapture and this community!

See you around,

Alan

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi and welcome! Sorry for the late response. Glad you're running the RPi, we're working to improve that platform support dramatically - watch for announcements on that.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Ed Keller

Re: New troublemaker for RaceCapture and Data Acquisition

Post by Ed Keller »

Where may I find this specific update, if I may ask?

brentp
Site Admin

Re: New troublemaker for RaceCapture and Data Acquisition

Post by brentp »