Greetings from Michigan

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

GTIspirit

Greetings from Michigan

Post by GTIspirit »

Greetings from the Southeast Michigan area. I'm a car enthusiast who enjoys autocrossing in local DCSCC events as well as tinkering with my IT prepared 1987 VW GTI 16V. I'm looking forward to the low cost, open source Race Capture system!

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Nice car! I love GTIs.

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

Since you brought it up in the data analysis thread...am I going to see that car at any local auto-x events this year?

A bit of searching showed we have maybe crossed paths a time or two at council events back in 2013 (perhaps 2012 and 2011 as well). I was in a blue HS mini cooper for 2013. 2011 and 2012 were in a red 318ti running TFSP. I'm now running mostly SCCA events in a red GS Focus ST. When time permits (and conflicts aren't present), I like to run council events as well.
Josh

GTIspirit

Post by GTIspirit »

JMcDonough wrote:Since you brought it up in the data analysis thread...am I going to see that car at any local auto-x events this year?
I heard from a mutual autoX acquaintance that a certain Josh likes data. 8)
I'm working on getting the V2 software, err, firmware, configured on my Mk1 RCP. Made it to the last two council events, planning on attending the next council event on July 12.

It would be really interesting to compare autoX runs on https://www.race-capture.com/ as Brent suggested was possible:
ww.autosportlabs.org/viewtopic.php?p=22827#22827

I'm convinced that if Brent can turn this into a social app, making the RCPro a desirable item like an iPhone, as opposed to a utilitarian device like a Samsung Galaxy :oops: then he will sell lots more devices!