Hello from Virginia

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

Josh

toga94m

Post by toga94m »

XeNoMoRpH wrote:I updated my MS2v3 to the 3.4 firmware. Now I have reached a point where I want to actually hook into the RCP2 and realized I don't know where to start. From my understanding, the MS has a CAN-L and CAN-H wire. Not sure how that works in relation to CANbus and a RJ-45 connector.
On our Megasquirt 3 with 3.0 mainboard, I had to add two jumperwires between CPU and D37 to bring the signals out to the connector.. then I had to wire externally between the MS and the CANx module, which has a 4" jumper to the RJ45 socket on my MK1 hardware. It works, though Megasquirt's default broadcasting seems to overwhelm the MK1. I can get coolant and MAP numbers through to RCP dashboard, but trying for all the variables in the sample MS lua script is more than it can handle.
------------
Learning Race Capture Pro... on someone else's car
Learning Python/Kivy on my own PC

XeNoMoRpH

Post by XeNoMoRpH »

Wow, sorry. It has been so long since I bought the RCP2 I forgot about the documentation.

I most likely have to add jumpers as well. I checked out my board before and it didn't look like the signal was carried to D37.