Rabid autocrosser with a Palatov D2...

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

JoeWeinstein

Rabid autocrosser with a Palatov D2...

Post by JoeWeinstein »

Hi all. I used to use a race-technology unit. I am interested in this one, but I am going to be the
'chimp challenge'... :D I could use a picture hand-hold installation guide, and I'd love to play
with the analysis app using someones autocross runs.

Anyone happy with this for their autocross, send me a note or reply here!
Thanks!

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

PM me your email and I'll send you a couple runs to compare in GEMS.

I've logged almost every single auto-x run my car has made this year (110+).

Unfortunately there's not a native analysis app yet. I do the .LOG -> .csv -> DLOG99 -> GEMS dance on each file I want to compare/view, but love being able to see CAN data at a fraction of the price of other systems.

If you already have solostorm, that is by far the easiest and most convenient way to view data from the RCP. You can either view in solostorm or export as a .run for analysis in RT's Race Analysis software. Only downside here is that you're limited on what channels you can sent from the RCP to the solostorm device. I don't use solostorm frequently, so that may have chance in the last few months.

Hope this helps!
Josh

krobro

Post by krobro »

We currently use solostorm for analzying our autocross runs and are looking into other analysis platforms, such as GEMS. I don't have a Race Capture Pro (yet) but I'd love to check out a few of your log files in both platforms if you don't mind sharing.

JMcDonough

Post by JMcDonough »

Send me a PM with your email and I'd be happy to share some files.
Josh