Hello - e36 BMW from the UK

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

smallspeed

Hello - e36 BMW from the UK

Post by smallspeed »

Just ordered an RCP MK2 after about 2 years of visiting this site! I've finally got my e36 back from being painted and its slowly starting to turn back into a car again so figured I'd take advantage of Cyber Monday and pull the trigger!

I have attached a couple of pictures below, but will post a few more and a build thread once I have made some more progress! My car is an e36 coupe, non-sunroof, which has been built around the bmwrdc kumho cup class-c regulations. Its been a huge amount of work for me (especially working on my own in a single garage! ) however its reached that nice stage of bolting shiny things together again now!.. It is a loose replica of the old E36 Coupe BTCC race cars, and will initially be used for track days and the odd hillclimb and sprint, however hopefully will get around to racing it properly some day!

Once my RCP turns up I will no doubt have a load of annoying questions to ask, but in the mean time, wondered if anyone has been able to use the CAN input on an E46 M3 to read data from the ABS system? (wheel speed, steer angle, brake pressure, etc.)

Regards

Ben
Attachments
garage photo1
garage photo1
2.jpg (81.99 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
garage photo2
garage photo2
3.jpg (124.62 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
garage photo3
garage photo3
1.jpg (69.6 KiB) Viewed 3192 times

sbarton

Post by sbarton »

Can you post up details of your RCP install. Thanks!
Duct Tape Motorsports
MyTrackSchedule.com - Your key to more track events!