Hello! I'm a SuperMiata racer in Los Angeles

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

agershon

Hello! I'm a SuperMiata racer in Los Angeles

Post by agershon »

I was very excited to learn about Autosport Labs and the RaceCapture products from a fellow racer this past weekend at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch, which is outside of Vegas and is essentially paradise for racers. I highly suggest you check out the website.

I run SuperMiata which is a SoCal based spec series hosted by Speed Ventures (which is also my employer). We run about nine events each year which usually consist of two back-to-back "super sprint" races each day. The finishing order is inverted each time so everyone gets a chance to learn how to block :)

I currently have an AIM MXL and I find it incredibly user-UNfriendly. Like everyone, I have a lots of room for improvement, and I know analysis is critical to this end. Still, I can't bring myself to use AIM's Race Studio to its potential. Plugging my bulky PC laptop to the MXL and manually downloading all the data files is tedious ... when it works. Often the MXL won't show up at all.

I run a Megasquirt (MSPNP2) so I need to first make sure the RCP will play nice with that unit. From what I have read so far, it will. I will probably add a couple of additional discreet sensor like a wideband and fuel level sender.

Anyhoo .. that's my story. Nice to meet you all!
Attachments
12244325_10153078123510044_4438501098618828096_o.jpg
12244325_10153078123510044_4438501098618828096_o.jpg (170.67 KiB) Viewed 8595 times