RCP MK2 NA Miata Install

Post here to say hello! Tell us what you drive, what race series you participate in and how you want to use Race Capture to help you go faster. Pics extra welcome!

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg

Rajat

RCP MK2 NA Miata Install

Post by Rajat »

Greetings from Greenville, SC

Finally getting on installing RCP MK2 to my 1995 Miata that I use for SCCA Autocross/TT (CSP) and plan on moving to NASA TT (TTE/TTD). The car has a NB2 Miata VVT engine controlled by Megasquirt MS3.

The GPS is installed close to rear windshield on the rear trunk. I put the car on scales to measure the x and y position of CG, the closest I can get the RCP to CG is just behind the gear shifter on the transmission tunnel. I have used 3M dual snap on tape to mount the RCP, assuming that should be pretty solid. I am not so sure about 12V supply, I see multiple options (Terminal Block, CAN, USB).

Here is my plan for RCP2:
- CAN integration with MS3, I see this has already been done.
- GoPro integration with the Wifi module
- Steering wheel sensor install, looks like string Pot is the most popular option.
- For now use a cellphone as display via bluetooth, but would like to move to a tablet in the future.

Any feedback, comments, suggestions are welcome. Glad to be part of the community. I plan on posting pics soon.

Raj

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the into! Good place for the GPS antenna on a Miata.

Sounds like you have a good mix of features to add, I think you will like the Megasquirt integration once it's going.

By far the easiest for a steering angle sensor is a string potentiometer. We have a how-to here: https://www.autosportlabs.com/30-minute ... r-install/
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter