I finally got everything wired up and working last night.
It's a little clunky because you have to wire the pullup resistors for the thermister sensors in the harness and there is only one 5V Vref pin and one ground pin. So lots of splicing to do. I would recommend the SensorX board!
I'm running oil pressure (AEM), oil temp (AEM), water temp (AEM), TPS (stock sensor), tach (ECU), speed (diff sensor) and its all alive and working. I'm also pleased with the response of the tablet dashboard. I had a fear in the back of my mind that it would be laggy, but i created a tach gauge the same size as the stock one on the tablet and rev'ed with the two side by side. They're exactly in sync.
The only thing i still have to do functionalitywise is write a few LUA scripts:
- convert pulses/min to mph inorder to get speed from the speed sensor in the diff
- an algorithm to start recording (i have a 32gig SDcard, i could probably just record ALL the time, but it could be a mess to sift through. i want to record at a track but not on the street so i need to see if there is a "trackfound" variable available. It does autodetect tracks so its in there somewhere
- an algorithm to stop recording (probably when battery voltage drops below 13V which means the motor is off)
- an equation to calculate what gear i'm in
Some things i'd like to add hardwarewise:
- Manual record start/stop button (via digital input)
- LED to indicate recording state (via digital output)
- steering angle sensor/trimpot would be kind neat