Novice at wiring connectors, please help

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

ahajmano

Novice at wiring connectors, please help

Post by ahajmano »

Hi all!

So I comprehend the installation procedures, but I need a little help on wiring itself. I have the wire sizes clear, but have never fabricated a connector before. I tried searching for these answers on the forum, but my key works must have been too short, because I could not find the answers.

1) I have the coil-pack for the EDIS-6 system in-hand, but I need a companion female connector so I can wire to it. What is this connector called, and/or where can I purchase one? Part number?
2) the Megajolt kit came with pins and connectors, but I have not done this before. What kind of tool do I need? Are these connectors called a specific thing so i can search for a how-to on youtube?
3) same for the crank sensor. I plan to use a shielded pair for this, but the connectors are still unknown to me.

My EDIS module came with a pig-tail connector so I can just splice wires from there, but the coil, crank position sensor, etc. still require me to purchase a companion connector or pigtail connector.

many thanks!

-Aydin

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Novice at wiring connectors, please help

Post by brentp »

Hi,

For the EDIS module, you will need to search for a plug to match. You'll probably find it on ebay. Usually the used modules are sold with the plugs!

For wiring and etc, you really should get someone to help you with the job. I'm sure they can teach you in the process!

Let us know how your project goes :)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter