Another 72-2 wheel...

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Redbird

Post by Redbird »

I think I've figured out the problem. The wiring on the edis connector is bass ackwards. Another victim of the bad edis diagram. At least for the V8 I'll confirm the stupid f'n thing is reversed. The centered notch is pin 1. Never would have caught it if I hadn't gotten the factory connector with the new edis module and compared it to the diagram. I got a connector kit for the first module and wired it in myself directly according to the diagram, now I have to pull apart the connector and try to fix it, at least if I destroy the connector I can splice in the other one. Too bad it's past 10pm here and threatening snow.... words can not describe my frustration now....

Redbird

worth a thousand words, none fit for polite company

Post by Redbird »

Top is EDIS4 bottom is EDIS8

Top EDIS8 bottom EDIS4

The documentation needs to be updated. Feel free to use my pictures, I'll even take more if requested. I just dont want my suffering to be in vain :lol:
I may even be able to add a 6 cylinder into the comparison.

Redbird

Post by Redbird »

Yet another step closer. Reversed all the wires and finally got spark!! Couldn't get it to fire though, killed the battery in the process of testing the last few days so she's on the charger and I'll give it a go tomorrow. At least I've got all the ingredients for a running engine, probably just need to tweak the timing. It's a fresh rebuild so I didn't expect it to just fire right up though it would have been nice.

Quagmire

Post by Quagmire »

I also fell into this trap. I believe the diagram should be something like this (registers/notches corrected)

***disclaimer- please do not use this until it has been verified as ok by a grown up- you home may be reposessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgage etc etc...***

I used your piccy Redbird to try and clarify- hope thats ok.
1984 3.5 LR 90
1959 2.25 LR Series 2

Redbird

Post by Redbird »

I absolutely encourage the use of it :lol:

It officially runs!! Sounds good and strong. Time to get it off to the welders to finish up the exhaust for the turbo then it's time to tune.