Center Mounted Carb on VW where to put MAP?

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

moff3tt

Center Mounted Carb on VW where to put MAP?

Post by moff3tt »

I have read through this article: http://www.autosportlabs.net/Choosing_b ... MAP_Sensor

Here is what my very messy engine compartment looks like. I have a Weber 32/26 DFAV Progressive Carburetor, though I think it has been converted to an electric choke...

Would taping into:

on either side then running to the small reservoir then to the MAP sensor work? I am concerned about the gasoline that would be in the mix?

I don't know too much about it that is why I am asking! This is my primary hang up. What have others done?

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

Here would be ideal, and it'd save you the hassle of tapping in two places, just one.

Also, if you're concerned about fuel getting at the MAP sensor stick a cheap fuel filter in-line, but in reality it's not enough of a problem to hurt the sensor.

moff3tt

Post by moff3tt »

Gilesy998 wrote:Here would be ideal, and it'd save you the hassle of tapping in two places, just one.

Also, if you're concerned about fuel getting at the MAP sensor stick a cheap fuel filter in-line, but in reality it's not enough of a problem to hurt the sensor.
So fuel won't give an inaccurate reading or damage the sensor? Cool. Will I still need to use a reservoir if I tap just one place? Or does it smooth things out despite how many connections there are to it?

I really appriciate your snappy response! Money is forever a hurdle for me so I might not post again for many months until I have saved and pieced together all that I need. I am really looking forward to doing this project.

Gilesy998

Post by Gilesy998 »

No, fuel won't affect things at all. It doesn't on my car, and doesn't seem to bother any of the car's my mates run with the same system. The only reason for the reservoir would be to smooth pulses from multiple runners, but if you only use one take-off, there's no problem.
Good luck with the continuing build, and keep us posted.