MAP hose size

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

fenderstrat536

MAP hose size

Post by fenderstrat536 »

What ID hose can be used on the MAP sensor?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hello- Simply use the smallest size you can find. Usually 0.1 to 0.120" ID
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

37Pickup

Post by 37Pickup »

Hi

I haven't had a close look yet but isn't the map sensor barb arond 3mm OD. If so how do you get 0.1 ID onto the barb. This may seem silly but does relate to a similar question I was about to ask. I have a blown motor, so I am running a tube under my dash that contains an explosive mixture of fuel and air. If the engine back fires and blows the hose off the barb my passenger cab could be rather unsafe??? What is the solution for this. Also goes for the boost gauge I guess, which I was going to "t" off the map.

All advice or solutions appreciated!!!
If you think you can or can't...your right!

NITROPIXIE

Post by NITROPIXIE »

Brent was talking imperial and you are thinking metric, that is where the confusion lies with the I'D.

If you put in a restriction like the ID diameter of a welding tip into the vacuum/boost hose you should have the minimum amount of exposure of fuel/air mixture possible inside the car should the worst happen. Otherwise wire clamp the hoses inside the car but leave the hose in the engine bay to the manifold pushed on so it is likely to come off in the engine bay than in the car.

Hope this helps

Ryan
1310 A-series Mini, lightened and built myself. V4 board and loving it

Rasputin22 - The Mini Forum
Rasputin22 - MK1 Golf Forum

Megajolt repair for the UK available