What about this shielded cable?

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

spandit

What about this shielded cable?

Post by spandit »

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Hard to comment fully as the tlc website (or rather their DNS servers) seems to be unavailable at present. However from what I can glean that is 20Amp armoured 3-core mains power cable!

Oh hang on, their servers are back on again. Yes it is 3-core mains cable, yes it would probably work but it really wouldn't be my choice.

We keep the proper stuff in stock and it's only a couple of pounds per meter so it's not expensive. The same goes for VR sensors (quick bit of topic-hopping), they're only 20 pounds for a new sensor and connector so there's little reason to muck around with parts of unknown provenance that might or might not work.

Chris
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

javierant3

Post by javierant3 »

That cable wouldn`t also be my choice. It would function , because it`s a shielded cable but it`s a large section (1.5mm2 up to 20 amp) and 3 conductors. You only need two conductors and a little section because the crrank sensor, PIP or SAW don`t carry high current. Also because of the section that cable is too thick.

I purchased mine from trigger wheels and have absolutely no probs with it, also it is very flexible and easy to work with. Used it for PIP ,SAW and crank sensor.

spandit

Post by spandit »

Point taken... might be putting another order in soon!