tps problem

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pocinagent

tps problem

Post by pocinagent »

hi can anyone help !!!!

i have fitted mjlj to my zetec powered kit car and am having problems getting the tps on my bike carbs to work. when i turn ignition on tps value goes up to 101% even when tps is disconnected. i am also not getting any voltage from vref so i put a jumper wire from another output to give 5v to tps but still does not make any difference. i bought the unit new through the kitcar manufacturer but i have opened up the unit so i could test connections and there seems to be a bit of oxidisation on some parts of the board , any help would be much appreciated and may help me to stop pulling my hair out!!

p.s i have tested tps and it seems to be working fine

thanks craig

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Can you post some pictures of the circuit board (to show oxidation, etc)

How are you attempting to measure 5V on the Voltage Ref?

Have you tried to calibrate the TPS via the software?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

pocinagent

Post by pocinagent »

hi i have cleaned off the oxidisation but it was around the R8 chip adjacent to where ground pin meets circuit board, i have tried testing vref at position where it meets tps, yes i have tried calibrating with the software but it keeps coming up with a message that reads something like open position at 93 must be greater than clsed position at 93