map sensor replacement

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

zetectunerchris

map sensor replacement

Post by zetectunerchris »

i have a mjlj and the map sensors gone faulty where can i either get a replacement or how do i go about wiring in a 3 wire 2 bar map sensor? any 1 done this?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Chris,

How do you know the MAP sensor is faulty? Just want to make sure it's not something else.

The Map sensor is a Freescale part MPX4250AP - you could probably find it at Maplins in the UK, or you can purchase the MAP sensor conversion kit from us here (Assuming V4 controller)
http://www.autosportlabs.com/mjlj-conversion-p-50.html
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

zetectunerchris

it has mas fluctuation in its readings all a sudden at think over its almost at ful vac tand flicks full to 0 all though the rev range!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That's crazy! What happens if the map sensor vacuum line is disconnected while the engine is running?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

zetectunerchris

it says it on full vacum then if u start pullin a vacum with a suringe it flutates all over the place!

Matt306

Adding MPS

Post by Matt306 »

I have a TPS board, can i add this part to this board to have a MAP version. I have a Spitfire Mk IV so MAP is my preferred option.
Attachments
MegaJolt MOBO
MegaJolt MOBO
Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (232.54 KiB) Viewed 8562 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes. You just need to install the MPX4250 AP with the port facing down (towards the board). Secure the MAP sensor with a small zip tie or bolts.

The port will extend through a hole that needs to be drilled in the end plate of the unit.

Hope this helps,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter