Correct bore of vacuum hose

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

jonboylaw

Correct bore of vacuum hose

Post by jonboylaw »

Before I go and order hose barbs and hose, could someone kindly tell me the correct hose to use for the map sensor? what ID should this be? the MXP spec say 4.6-4.9 mm for the connector. Would that translate to 4mm ID hose? and would it be best to use silicon hose or the clear washer hose?
Also, what are people using as a damping reservoir? I am installing this in a T1 VW engine so would potentially need 4 Vacuum take offs to a reservoir then a single line to the MAP senor, or could I get by with less connections ?

Cheers,
Jon

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Hi Jon.

4mm ID silicone hose is ideal. In terms of routing my personal opinion is that a single take-off is fine as all four barrels should really be doing the same thing however if you are running lumpy cams and find that makes for a lumpy MAP signal then a small fuel filter in the single line is adequate to smooth things out.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com

jonboylaw

Post by jonboylaw »

Cheers Chap,
Would fitting an anti-pulse valve be recommended ? I will be running dual 36 DRLA Dells.

Off to look for a suitable MAP based ignition map now.

Jon

cng1

Post by cng1 »

Give it a go without, chances are you won't need one and it is only a 2-minute job to add one in later if need be.
Official Megajolt distributor for UK and Europe.
Complete Megajolt packages, EDIS kits, Trigger wheels and everything else you need for your megajolt install
www.trigger-wheels.com