seperate supply for coil ?

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Not Anumber

seperate supply for coil ?

Post by Not Anumber »

Is it desireable to use a seperate +v cables to the Megajolt and the Coilpack or can i use a existing supply cable (capable of delivereing 15 amps) to the Megajolt, Edis and the Coilpack ?

toenee

Post by toenee »

If you've got the hard rev limiter, the coil supply needs to go through the megajolt anyway.

Not Anumber

Post by Not Anumber »

toenee wrote:If you've got the hard rev limiter, the coil supply needs to go through the megajolt anyway.
. Ive factored in running a relay from the MJ's hard rev limiter output to interupt the +v supply to the coil but thats just for switching.
My question is really whether i should aim to use seperate +v cables to feed the coil and the MJ/ Edis in order to reduce spikes in the + supply ?

To minimise interference screened cables are used for the switching signals (sensor to Edis and Edis to MJ) - so what about the risk of the coil creating spikes in the +v supply line that could potentially interfere with the MJ and Edis ?

For instance would it be sensible to run the coil via its own online fuse directly from the battery (with a relay interupt to ensure it would only be powered with the ignition on and below the rev limit set) ? Any spikes the coil could cause on the +v line would be entirely smoothed out by the battery.

toenee

Post by toenee »

This was one of the things I considered, I mean the limp home mode can't work if the supply comes from the megajolt.