2.5L V6 individual runner vacuum reservoir volume.

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

IMACHU2

2.5L V6 individual runner vacuum reservoir volume.

Post by IMACHU2 »

I have been snooping through the forum and most of the projects appear to be 4cyl engines. Would the vacuum reservoir need to be any larger for a 2.5L V6 with individual runners? Could I run a hose to the power brake booster to the reservoir as well or would it disturb the signal to the map sensor? Thanks in advance :-)

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

If you have the carbs hooked up to the vacuum booster then the volume there will likely smooth out the signal. Best way is to observe the signal directly and note any fluctuations at idle.

Also: those are really cool carburetors! where did they come from?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Thanks brentp. They are 2001 Yamaha YZF600R motorcycle carbs :-) The picture is not mine, I planned on replicating this project. I am going to chicken out and put a SR20DET in my Mustang instead. I just put one in my Locost 7 and the simplicity and performance are both great. I must put bike carbs on something someday though LOL.

toenee

Post by toenee »

Wouldn't expect those to work anyway, look at the float bowl. This needs to be level.

hendrik6073

Post by hendrik6073 »

i also added a vacuum bowl, did not have a AFR gauge before added that also. Now i got a very lean mixture (afr 19) at little throttle. Maybe that behavior was always there and i wasn't aware of it. I thought could this be happening because of the vacuum lines connecting the intakes? one intake might get (false) air from another one ?
Attachments
vacuum.jpg
vacuum.jpg (221.52 KiB) Viewed 9776 times