MegaJolt MAP

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Button

MegaJolt MAP

Post by Button »

What happens if I do not connect MAP? Will MegaJolt work?
Button

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

So the engine will run, but not with best performance. The map sensor is needed to alter the ignition advance under varying engine load conditions. Hope this helps!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Button

Post by Button »

With out MAP, or at least the sensors, would the spark advance be about the same as a Distributor without the Vacuum advance (retard). I am using a ZETEC with Weber DCOE's and would like to keep it simple. I am not looking for 100% perfection but would like it to work reasonably well. I am using some sort of black box now and it is OK. However: if it quits I have no way to fix it. I do very long trips. Even shipped My Morgan to Europe so I must be able to repair it. I can't find this unit (computer?) anywhere, so thought I would replace it with MegaJolt and EDIS where I can find documentation and support.

Button
Seattle
Button

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It would be similar to a distributor with the vacuum advance disconnected, correct.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter