Replacement high tension leads

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

pavel5

Replacement high tension leads

Post by pavel5 »

Our OHC jeep straight six with Megajolt light Junior EDIS suddenly developed a misfire (she seems to be running on 5 cylinders). There is a spark at all cylinders however. Clearly the sparkplug wires are old and need replacing anyway. I got the parts from Boost Engineering long ago but have the impression they no longer exist as a source for EDIS parts. I don't know the donor vehicle of the plug wires and am hoping someone will recognize the ones I have so I can get the same ones again - new ones, that is. Mid 90s V6 Mustang wires don't seem to fit (not long enough to reach #6 at the back of the engine). The longest lead is about 38 -1/2" long.

Can anyone shed light on the donor Ford?

Thanks, Pavel up north.
Attachments
DSCN7754mod.jpg
DSCN7754mod.jpg (218.07 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
DSCN7756mod.jpg
DSCN7756mod.jpg (221.3 KiB) Viewed 4598 times
DSCN7758mod.jpg
DSCN7758mod.jpg (198.17 KiB) Viewed 4598 times

pavel5

Post by pavel5 »

The leads are from a Ford Crown Victoria. Of course, our engine only uses 6 of the 8 leads!
Problem is solved - it was a bad spark plug that only fired intermittently and then at lower intensity. Certainly not a common problem...