Megajolt To Sniper

EDIS and Megajolt installation related topics. Be sure to review the <a href="http://www.autosportlabs.net/MJLJ_V4_vehicle_installation_guide">Vehicle installation guide</a>

Moderators: JeffC, rdoherty, stieg, brentp

Kiwijibo

Megajolt To Sniper

Post by Kiwijibo »

Working with a Mazda MX5 motor, have a Megajolt/EDIS-4 ignition and need an RPM signal for the Sniper fuel injection system.

The Sniper wants either a coil negative signal (yellow wire), points positive signal (white wire), or signal from an MSD box (purple/green wire pair).

Question is, anyone know which of the Megajolt/EDIS-4 wires would provide (or how one of them could be manipulated to provide) a signal the Sniper can use?

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Megajolt To Sniper

Post by brentp »

You have a number of different options sourced from either the EDIS module or the Megajolt unit. Check the Megajolt installation guide on our wiki to see what kind of outputs are possible.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Kiwijibo

Post by Kiwijibo »

Ok... regarding the EDIS4 by itself... according to the installation guide:

Proper VR sensor polarity = spark at plugs
Backwards VR sensor polarity = no spark at plugs

So if I have spark at the plugs then the Crank Position Sensor is not wired backwards, correct?

Further, if I have spark at the plugs then the trigger wheel/sensor gap is within an acceptable distance, correct?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Kiwijibo wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:32 pm So if I have spark at the plugs then the Crank Position Sensor is not wired backwards, correct?

Further, if I have spark at the plugs then the trigger wheel/sensor gap is within an acceptable distance, correct?
#1 The crank position sensor is wired correctly.

#2 Yes, although if the distance is marginal, you may have unstable spark and therefore unstable engine operation.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter