Displaying Voltage on Channel and Engine Temp

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

rocket6706

Displaying Voltage on Channel and Engine Temp

Post by rocket6706 »

Was wondering if anyone else notices that the RaceCapture software (V1.2.1) with RCP MK2 Firmware V 2.7.5 displays system voltage for both "Channel" and "Engine Temp" fields. I added a channel at bottom to display battery for analysis.

System is running off USB drive on home computer. I would assume when I plug it into the Vehicle the battery voltage will display 12v. Also, what is the Purpose of the Nomenclature "Channel" relative to voltage. Is that 5 volt reference?
Attachments
RCP Software Bugs.pdf
Screen Shot of voltages with red circles.
(185.6 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Rocket 6706

brawta

Re: Displaying Voltage on Channel and Engine Temp

Post by brawta »

rocket6706 wrote:Was wondering if anyone else notices that the RaceCapture software (V1.2.1) with RCP MK2 Firmware V 2.7.5 displays system voltage for both "Channel" and "Engine Temp" fields. I added a channel at bottom to display battery for analysis.

System is running off USB drive on home computer. I would assume when I plug it into the Vehicle the battery voltage will display 12v. Also, what is the Purpose of the Nomenclature "Channel" relative to voltage. Is that 5 volt reference?
I have the same hardware & software here. Even with 12 VDC power supplied via the multi-pin connector the default "Battery" readout on that screen is false, but as you noted you can add a "Battery" readout at the bottom of that screen which will give the reading you want.

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi folks! Brawta can you show us the analog configuration for your Engine Temp sensor?
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs

brawta

Post by brawta »

rdoherty wrote:Hi folks! Brawta can you show us the analog configuration for your Engine Temp sensor?
Hi Ryan, rocket6706 has Engine Temp configured, not I, but I can show you the dashboard Battery display where we both see the anomaly (scroll down). The default Battery readout appears to be unmapped and floating. While you're here, can you help me sort out the Pitch & Roll Gyro settings? I have been able to change the Physical Mapping to Pitch and Roll in the RaceCapture program, and I can write my configuration to the RCPMK2 so that it powers up with the Analog Sensor settings intact, but the Pitch & Roll Gyro settings both always revert to Yaw (see screenshot). Also, in the settings is there a way to append the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 to the sensor names to make it easy to differentiate four analog EGT sensors in a data log?
Thanks for your consideration!
Charley
Attachments
Accelerometer-Gyro Config scaled.png
Accelerometer-Gyro Config scaled.png (96.25 KiB) Viewed 11563 times
Dashboard Monitor scaled.png
Dashboard Monitor scaled.png (92.48 KiB) Viewed 11563 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - thanks for the screenshots. those are helpful.

Could you upload your RaceCapture configuration file here so we can try to replicate it?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

brawta

Post by brawta »

brentp wrote:Hi - thanks for the screenshots. those are helpful.

Could you upload your RaceCapture configuration file here so we can try to replicate it?

Thanks,
Hi Brent, you bet, see attached (the BB won't accept the .rcp file extension so I saved it as a pdf). I think the config looks okay for the Gyro Roll, Pitch, and Yaw settings. The RCPMK2 remembers the analog settings okay on cycling the power, but I can't seem to be able to make the Gyro settings stick.
Thanks!
Charley
Attachments
RCP MK2 Config 8Jan14.pdf
(30.05 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Brawta,
Can you make sure you're on the latest 2.7.6 firmware? We recently fixed a problem around storing the gyro sensors channels.

Thanks for the config, too.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brawta

Post by brawta »

brentp wrote:Hi Brawta,
Can you make sure you're on the latest 2.7.6 firmware? We recently fixed a problem around storing the gyro sensors channels.

Thanks for the config, too.
Whoa, you guys are bustin, thanks for the news on 2.7.6, I must have blinked and missed the announcement. Will dl/install and get back regarding the gyro.

As an aside, I think I see the light :idea: on appending 1, 2, 3, and 4 to the EGT channel names; can edit the name text in the config file and then write it to the RCPMK2, should work, may need to keep names at three characters like EG1, I'll check.

To tune I'm looking for a graphing program that will plot X-axis time versus RPM, AFR, TPS, and EGTx4 on separate Y-axes aligned in a stacked panel format...

Thanks!
Charley

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Brawta,

Great- let us know how 2.7.6 works.

That's exactly the kind of stuff we'll be offering in the analysis mode, coming SOON. :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

brawta

Post by brawta »

brentp wrote:let us know how 2.7.6 works.
Yes, as the change log says, 2.7.6 fixed the Gyro config. Thanks!
No joy on my attempt to append numbers to the EGT names in the config file; I can edit the file but get an error when trying to write it to the RCPMK2. I vaguely recall reading something about naming analog channels. I need to get educated. :roll:

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

The v1.2.5 firmware will allow additional customizing of channels - it should be out within a week. Keep your eye on the blog!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter