No Display Data using some Channel Names

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

kiddbird

No Display Data using some Channel Names

Post by kiddbird »

I just received my RCP MK2 and some of the selected channel names do not give outputs on the Windows RaceCapture app Display. If I configure an analog input as an IAT, TPS or EngineTemp I do not see data on the display. I have changed the names to other names and can see changes on the display so the ports are functioning properly. When in the "Customize Channel" popup for IAT it does not list a "units" and the "min/max" lists a range of -1000 to 1000 which matches with the other non functional names. Changing the peramitors to "F" and "0 to 100" or the like do not give functional outputs to the display. I have not had time to investigate any other names that do not work but these do work; EGT, Steering, OilTemp, Coolant, OilPress and EGT. I have not logged data to an SD card and verified weather it is just the display or logging data also.

I have pressure, temperature and linear potentiometers connected to the first six analog inputs. The RCP came with v2.8.1 firmware and I have Race Capture v1.3.2 and v1.3.4 running on Windows 7 64bit.

I wanted to report these issues and have noticed a few others. The Bluetooth rarely functions with a Samsung S4, LG G3 or Blu Dash 5.0. The GPS sometimes fails to initiate or may not see any satellites at all running for over an hour.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks,

Allison

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Sorry about the problems you're seeing. Can you upload your configuration here as an attachment so we can take a look at it and see if there's a problem?

Also, can you confirm the firmware version you're running? Sounds like you're running the latest app.

If you're not on the latest firmware I would try updating here:
https://www.race-capture.com/software

You probably saw it already, but there's a status page accessible from the menu in the upper left that will show you various system statuses.

Thanks, we'll work with you to get this issue resolved quickly.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

kiddbird

Re: No Display Data using some Channel Names

Post by kiddbird »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have updated the firmware to 2.8.2 and then 2.8.3. Dot 2 fixed several
Channels and dot 3 looks to have corrected the other channels. I have since been able to check OBD2 function with a Dodge Durango and that looks to be working properly with all available channels. With the dot 3 update the bluetooth connection with the Android phones has worked every time the app is turned on. The GPS also now quickly gets a fix (under a minute) and has not hung up.

I will let you know if I find any other bugs with the system.

Thank you,

Allison