Racecapture pro 3 wireless connectivity issues

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Intel

Racecapture pro 3 wireless connectivity issues

Post by Intel »

So I was running at Autobahn in Joliet this past weekend as a trial run for our MK3 before we use it in Lemons

I have been directly connecting to the mk3 with my laptop to set everything up and configure everything.

When I go to connect my Kindle Fire or my Galaxy S7 to it all I see on wifi is RaceCapture/Pro MK3 934 which when I connect to this my app just repeats saying

"Searching 192.168.4.1" and "connecting" but doesn't actually connect.
The wifi light blinks once and a while when I test it now. When I was at the track it only blinked on startup.

I thought I had it set to Access point mode with an SSID of "kramneslo" my nickname but this ssid never shows up on my phone to connect to.

I then tried connecting to it by bluetooth and it just gives the same issue

Running 1.10.2 on S7 and Amazon Fire HD
MK3 is running 2.11.0-RC1

I ended up just throwing my racecapture up from the kickstarter so I could at least get lap times and Coolant/IAT temps.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

First - try upgrading to the latest released firmware for your MK3: https://www.autosportlabs.com/racecaptu ... -released/

Once you've upgraded the firmware, try first setting up the access point with no encryption / password as a test, write the settings and then power cycle RCP.

For bluetooth mode, you will need to go under app preferences via hamburger menu in the upper left, and then selecting Bluetooth. Of course, you will need to pair the RaceCapture bluetooth device, first, under Android settings.

Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Intel

Post by Intel »

Well after the firmware upgrade it still showed the SSID of "RaceCapture/Pro MK3 934"

Once I reloaded my settings and then deleted and reentered my SSID of "kramneslo" and rebooted it it finally showed up and I can connect to it from WIFI now.

Not sure what really changed but thanks!

Now on to mapping innovate serial bus for our Lemons car.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Glad you got it working!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter