Issue with CAN mapping in 2.13.5 firmware?

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

dpu_ca

Issue with CAN mapping in 2.13.5 firmware?

Post by dpu_ca »

Summary: for a Subaru BRZ, CAN and ODBII mapping that are working using 2.12.0 firmware are not working in 2.13.5 firmware.

Details:

I am currently running 2.12.0 firmware in a MK2 in a Subaru BRZ. I have CAN mappings (5 single byte, 5 that are 2 byte) that are working correctly, and am reading RPM through ODBII. I would like to upgrade firmware so I can use the RPM channel in scripts.

With the 2.13.5 firmware, many of the CAN mapping are broken and the RPM ODBII mapping is also broken. I have played around with the mapping setting but cannot get good results. I mainly played around with the steering angle mapping, which is a 2 byte signed value, and works in 2.12.0 as big endian. In 2.13.5, these settings do not work, and I cannot find any set of bit or byte mapping that does work. As general symptoms, it looks like the sign bit, and higher order bits are not interpreted correctly - I get correct mapping for small positive numbers, but as soon as the sign bit or higher bits are set, then the mapping result if garbage.

I have attached the configuration that is working in 2.12.0. I can try to do a script that logs the raw CAN bytes and the mapped values if that would help.
Attachments
20180624.rcp.txt
Racecapture Pro MK2 config with CAN mappings that work in 2.12.0 but not in 2.13.5
(22.11 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

Can you be precise about exactly which channels stopped working in 2.13.5 - like the exact list? We can address them individually that way.

There were some bugs we fixed for other CAN mapping issues that might have caused a side effect you're seeing.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter