New Analog Channels Not Being Logged - RaceCapture MK3

Report any thing that looks like a bug or problem in the system here

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

wizrd54

New Analog Channels Not Being Logged - RaceCapture MK3

Post by wizrd54 »

We got our new engine running tonight and added a few analog voltage inputs such as oil pressure, temperature, and wideband lambda. For some reason these channels do not seem to be logging to the data file. They are reading properly as seen on the dashboard, and are set to be sampled at various rates as set in the analog sensor setup. All of the channels from my previous setup file are still logging correctly, but the new ones are not. I'm not sure how to fix this. My next step might be to reflash the firmware to see if that clears up anything.

Running RaceCapture v 1.13.1
RaceCapture MK3 firmware v 2.13.5

I've attached my config file.
Attachments
bmw-318ti5_fromCar.rcp.txt
(24.49 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, can you also attach a short log file based on this configuration? Either logged from SD card or via the app logging is fine.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

wizrd54

Post by wizrd54 »

Hi Brent. Log file is attached. This is after driving around the block for a few minutes. The car is stored at my friend's house so I can try something else in a few days. I had to delete half the rows to get under the 256kb file limit. Let me know if for some reason this doesn't give you what you want.

Thanks for looking into this.
Attachments
rc_mk3_test.log
(223.29 KiB) Downloaded 175 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

I loaded your config and modified it to only not trigger automatic logging in your script so I could bench test it. (side note, you don't need this anymore; see the automatic control feature).

I was not able to reproduce your problem, unfortunately. I saw in you log file you had TPS1 in the channel list, but not the other channels. I can only surmise was that logging had started before some changes were made to the configuration.

Try this: give the unit a freshly formatted SD card, double check the settings, and try doing a manual logging session to SD card. You can then load the log file into a text editor to confirm the expected columns exist.

Thanks, let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

wizrd54

Post by wizrd54 »

Thanks Brent. I'll give that a try. Can you expand on what is going on in the back end when trying to send a configuration to the Race Capture while I have a script that starts logging on power up? Based on what you said I could see some issues coming from that. The SD card was indeed plugged in the entire time.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

It will log with the configuration it has when it starts logging. if you change it on the fly, it does not automatically update the log file with the new channels.

Therefore, I'd recommend using some logic to actually trigger it so you're not logging needlessly (while stationary and coincidentally changing the configuration).

With the new automatic control you can completely eliminate logging control in script; we recommend trying it out.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter