GPS Start/Finish Split

Got a burning desire for a new feature? post it here!

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

rocket6706

GPS Start/Finish Split

Post by rocket6706 »

I am fairly new to the RCP community. I was setting up the configuration and would like to see an option for splits where the start and finish are not geographically the Same. I Land Speed race over a 5 mile stretch and would like my split entering a timing trap part way through the course.
Rocket 6706

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Yes! :) We have preliminary support for that capability; having separate start and finish lines. Look for official support / announcement on that soon!

Thank you,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

toga94m

Post by toga94m »

Following up on this, and sorry if it's been suggested already. I'm an autocrosser. We can't take the car (or the hardwired RCP) on track until actual timed runs, but we can do course walks.

Would it be possible for the mobile app to have a "HERE" button for each coordinate box (start/finish/sectors) so we could stand at a point on track, let the phone/tablet grab the GPS coordinates of that point, enter it in the config, and then save the config for later update to the RCP hardware? I know that save/load of config on android is still a work in progress, but...
------------
Learning Race Capture Pro... on someone else's car
Learning Python/Kivy on my own PC

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi- Yes, that would be possible in the future; something we have on our list to put on the track configuration screen. Good suggestion, thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

jottofar

Post by jottofar »

toga94m wrote:Following up on this, and sorry if it's been suggested already. I'm an autocrosser. We can't take the car (or the hardwired RCP) on track until actual timed runs, but we can do course walks.

Would it be possible for the mobile app to have a "HERE" button for each coordinate box (start/finish/sectors) so we could stand at a point on track, let the phone/tablet grab the GPS coordinates of that point, enter it in the config, and then save the config for later update to the RCP hardware? I know that save/load of config on android is still a work in progress, but...
Are you using solo storm ? If so I find it works best if you use speed to start and stop the runs. I no longer even setup the start/finish markers.

Also even using a 10hz gps puck the start/finish markers are not always reliable so using a smart phone gps will be even worse.

but nothing wrong with adding features into race capture :) I can see this being useful for track racing