Push notifications from third parties displayed on dashboard

Got a burning desire for a new feature? post it here!

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

will_968

Push notifications from third parties displayed on dashboard

Post by will_968 »

I have just bought a RCP3 with telemetry and will be running it in my car with an Android dash as a display. I will have a pit crew supporting me who will be monitoring the telemetry from the pits. Is there a way for them to push notifications to my Android dash?

I envisage permitted third parties using the Podium site to be able to push test messages to me which would display on the dashboard. e.g. "PIT NEXT LAP" or "CAR OVERHEATING - SLOW" etc.

Logically, I believe the set up can support this. Is this something that could be incorporated through Luna scripting? Whilst the message could be pushed through the Podium site, it could be an SMS, WhatsApp of other IM platform. Open to ideas.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Will,

We are working to release something exactly like this in the next several weeks.

We first announced it in our recent PodiumConnect launch and the feature will be available to all RaceCapture users as well. https://www.autosportlabs.com/product/p ... to-podium/

In the app, it will look like this:

We're quite excited to get this out, so we'll be sure to announce it far and wide.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

will_968

Post by will_968 »

Wow - cool! Exactly the functionality I was interested in.

Will it be possible to have different messages? Either things we can tailor ourselves, or just a selection of a dozen pre set options?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes, you will be able to specify any message you want. :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

wcorredor

Messages to driver

Post by wcorredor »

While waiting for this feature, we implemented a very simple solution. We create a Google Hangouts account for the car and send messages to it. They will pop up for about 10 seconds on top of Racecapture. If you make the font as large as possible it works great.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Clever!

We're making progress, we're working on implementing the ability to perform simple replies:

https://www.facebook.com/AutosportLabs/ ... 6104054231
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter