New RCP mk4 setup - logging data but nothing displayed in PC app: Analysis

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

MomentFD

New RCP mk4 setup - logging data but nothing displayed in PC app: Analysis

Post by MomentFD »

I'm using an RCP mk4 to datalog an electric motor controller - mainly CAN bus but eventually some analog inputs.

I can view the CAN signals I've added (voltage, throttle position, temp, RPM, etc) in Dashboard and it logs fine to a freshly FAT32 formatted 16gb card via the action button on the unit.

In analysis, I've put a simple analog gauge and line chart for Voltage & Throttle, selected the log from the right hand 'Laps' section but nothing shows up and the play button doesn't do anything.
Log & screenshot of app attached.

Am I missing something easy here? I've confirmed in the log that CAN signals I've added are appearing properly (voltage, throttle position, temp, RPM, etc).

Thanks for your help.
MomentFD
Attachments
042523__3_25_04_2023_10_07_00log.log
(61.94 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
RC app.PNG
RC app.PNG (86.12 KiB) Viewed 6682 times

brentp
Site Admin

Re: New RCP mk4 setup - logging data but nothing displayed in PC app: Analysis

Post by brentp »

Hi, are you just testing with the car static, or is it moving, such as on a race track, or in a circuit?

Is this data imported into your PC after recording to an SD card? Can you zip the log and attach it here?

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

MomentFD

Post by MomentFD »

Hi BrentP,

The datalogger is actually just on a bench hooked up to my controller via CAN and it's own GPS antenna. I don't shake it or anything while testing so no accelerometer data.
Could that affect my analysis page? I was hoping to just start testing and see throttle and motor RPM signals vary.

It is connected to my PC via USB and has an SD card in it. I hit action on the RCP, twist the throttle some (short logs, 20s), then hit action again. Then in Analysis I import session and click the check box for 1:... (is this the CAN channel?) in the 'Laps' popout menu on the right.

The straight .log file is attached - is that sufficient? If not I can upload a zip no problem.

Thanks

MomentFD

Post by MomentFD »

Fixed w/ help from BrentP - thanks again.

I needed to enable Settings / Race Timing / Racing Timing:On. This setup won't be on a conventional track so I disabled it. CAN signals look good in Analysis now.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, For posterity, the solution was to ensure Lap Timing was enabled in the system. Without it, the ElapsedChannel isn't defined, which analysis needs for indexing time for the playback and line charts.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter