Race Analyzer 1.1.7 released

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

brentp
Site Admin

Race Analyzer 1.1.7 released

Post by brentp »

Many fixes / improvements in this version - see the release notes after installation. I had to just draw the line at a point and release it :) More to come!

Get Version 1.1.7 here !
http://www.autosportlabs.net/RaceCaptur ... _Downloads
Last edited by brentp on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Is there any correlation between your firmware version and the software version you should be running? I saw somewhere in the documentation that you should "use the software that matches your firmware", but maybe I misunderstood, or it was talking about something else.

I assume that since there is not a firmware newer than 1.1.6 yet that it is OK to use this new software with that firmware?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

There's no direct correlation. When there's a compatibility change we will call it out OK n the release notes.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

I think I may have found a bug (or a feature whose purpose I don't understand) in 1.1.7. It seems that you cannot get into the configuration page unless you have a race event loaded. 1.1.6 did not do this, you could switch between config and runtime regardless of what was loaded. Now, I could understand not allowing the switch into the data view mode without an event, as there won't be any data in that case, but it doesn't seem that the same should apply to the config page (and 1.1.7 defaults to the data page, whereas 1.1.6 defaulted to config, if I remember correctly).

It's not a big deal now that I know how to use it, but when I first tried 1.1.7 I was very confused because I couldn't figure out how to get into the config.

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Hmm, I thought I had figured out a workaround (loading an event), but then I uninstalled both 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 and reinstalled just 1.1.7, and now I cannot get into the config page at all.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Correct, The Configuration perspective it's not tied to the Race Event at all.

what do you get if you click the configuration wrench in the toolbar? or if you click Perspective / Configuration?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

When I click the wrench the icon blinks, but nothing happens.

However, if I have loaded data and turned on a gauge or chart, when I click the wrench my charts disappear. When I click the graph they re-appear. So something is happening, I can toggle the charts / gauges on and off with those two buttons, but it doesn't switch to the configuration mode.

The effect is the same via the perspective menu, or by using the F2 / F3 keys to switch.

Windows7 64bit, if that makes any difference.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

So are you saying it gets stuck on the analysis view and never goes to the configuration view?
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Yeah, that's basically it. Stuck, except that if I bring up a gauge or chart in the analysis, the config button will toggle the gauges off, and the analysis button will toggle them back on.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

ok, looking at it now. It can be fixed by deleting the registry key for RaceAnalyzer 1.1.7, if you're so brave to dig in there. Otherwise the next version should address this.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Alex W

Post by Alex W »

Bah, I've never been to bothered by digging around in the registry. I went through a deleted all the race analyzer keys and that fixed it. Thanks Brent.

One thing that would probably be worth changing in future versions is making the uninstaller remove these keys as well. My first troubleshooting step when I started having this problem was to uninstall and reinstall, but apparently those keys persisted through that.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Yes indeed. that would be possible with the installer we're using.