How to get all channel names in drop downs?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

GTIspirit

How to get all channel names in drop downs?

Post by GTIspirit »

Not sure if it's my computer or what, how do you get to the entire list of channel names in the new RaceCapture app? There isn't a scroll bar on the side and the up/down arrows don't move the selection up and down the list. Consequently I can't get to the spot to select the desired channel names because they get cut off like this:
Attachments
Channel_Name.jpg
Channel_Name.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 1139 times
Configuration_Menu.jpg
Configuration_Menu.jpg (30.37 KiB) Viewed 1139 times

GTIspirit

Post by GTIspirit »

Interesting, I just discovered that the menus can be scrolled through on a touch screen just like is customary on a smartphone. Just flick and scroll. :)

I discovered this because I got an HP Stream 7 tablet computer which runs Windows 8.1. Purely by accident that I just discovered the touch screen menu flick.

So how do you scroll through the channel name list when using a normal computer?

gizmodo

Post by gizmodo »

You have to use the mousewheel. If you're on a laptop you'll need to enable scrolling from the trackpad.

GTIspirit

Post by GTIspirit »

gizmodo wrote:You have to use the mousewheel. If you're on a laptop you'll need to enable scrolling from the trackpad.
It shouldn't be assumed that everyone has a laptop with scrolling from the trackpad. I'm using a Sony Vaio running Windows 7, which is quite an adequate machine for this purpose and isn't that ancient. It doesn't have a mousepad which supports scrolling, not that I can tell.

How about a simple up down on the cursor as a backup for those of us who don't have a trackpad with scrolling or don't want to use a mouse in the car.