Unable to connect to MK2 on mac or on windows 10

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

MrBlahh

Unable to connect to MK2 on mac or on windows 10

Post by MrBlahh »

Just got my mk2 tonight, bluetooth works fine but I can't cut/paste script into it so I need to get this working on a desktop

Mac does nothing, and no devices show up under system/hardware on both my macbook and desktop.

Windows 7 complains about opengl, windows 10 shows an unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed)

Looking for suggestions ?!?!

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - let's figure this out. It sounds like you did some good troubleshooting so far. Some questions and things to try:

* So with Android, you can connect, read configuration and view the dashboard, correct? It sounds like it, just confirming.

* OpenGL the RaceCapture app requires OpenGL 2.0 support, and the OpenGL error can often be resolved by updating the video drivers to the latest. Try that on the Windows 7 machine.

* What does device manager report on Windows 7 when plugged in via USB? Windows 7 requires explicit driver installation, whereas Windows 10 should see it natively. See the guide here (and the linked how to video)
https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapt ... QuickStart

* When you plug in USB only (no 12v) do any LEDs illuminate?

* Are you using the USB cable provided in the box?

Sorry it's not working right away for you. We'll get it figured out. Let us know what you find out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

MrBlahh

Post by MrBlahh »

Yes Bluetooth app works fine, can load tracks and change settings

Laptop has newest drivers, probably too old to ever work

LEDs light up, windows 10 won't recognize it and the USB properties are all empty, no descriptors

I tried included USB and second cable, same result

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Another thing to try. See if the unit shows up in Windows 10 device manager when in bootloader mode. To activate bootloader mode, hold the button down before plugging it into USB; then you can let it go. You should see the red LED flash continuously. What does windows 10 show when bootloader is activated?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

MrBlahh

Post by MrBlahh »

Nope same error

MrBlahh

Post by MrBlahh »

Would it help to load linux on one of these machines? not sure if it debugs easier

Is there any way to reflash the firmware from the SD card or from android/bluetooth?

Can the mac software work via bluetooth? I was able to pair it with my macbook but the app would not work.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You can run the app on linux; that's actually how we develop it.

Bluetooth works in theory on desktop, but we don't test for it that way. there may be hiccups in performance.

You can only flash firmware via USB.