Retrieving Log Files from SD Card

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

d_gatorfan

Retrieving Log Files from SD Card

Post by d_gatorfan »

Is there an alternate way to copy log files from the SD Card on the RCApex.
I know I can pull the SD Card and copy them off.
Is there a way to copy them via Bluetooth or WIFI?

Thanks
Dennis

jpf11

Post by jpf11 »

I haven't used it yet but I was told recently that you can save logged data on remote tablest/phones if they are connected (bluetooth/wifi) during the datalogging and running the RaceCapture app. So if you're using a phone/tablet as a display it can automatically save the data to that same device. This is an option in Preferences I believe that should be automatically enabled though on my devices I found that wasn't the case.

Other than that I don't know of anyway to have a remote copy of data without pulling the SD card.

d_gatorfan

Post by d_gatorfan »

This does work, nothing to enable i dont think, you have to be on a dashboard screen for the logging to happen. Relies on the phone/tablet to do the logging. I tried it and works ok on shorter logs. The app locked up on me when I let it run on a longer trip, not sure if it was due to logging or not. Installed a micro sdhc extension to be able to access the sd card without having to dismantle my car... works nice.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Currently there is not a way to pull log files from SD via WiFi, it is something on the feature list, but there's no ETA.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter