Ubuntu - Unable to connect to RaceCapture MK2

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

hondatuner91

Ubuntu - Unable to connect to RaceCapture MK2

Post by hondatuner91 »

Hi, I have a RaceCapture MK2 running the latest firmware version (just updated with an app running on Windows).
I got the Race Capture application to run on Ubuntu, though it cannot connect to the RaceCapture firmware.
The app spins for ever displaying "Connecting..." and "Searching /dev/ttyACMO"

Any special step to perform to get the firmware to talk to an app running on Ubuntu?

Thank you.
HT

hondatuner91

Post by hondatuner91 »

I'm new to this forum/Autosport Labs.

Is this company/forum still active? Somehow I thought this would have been an easy/quick subject to help me with.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Sorry for the late reply, we simply missed this post. Of course we are still active, you can see our recent blog posts and facebook announcements :)

We don't officially support the app running on ubuntu, so this is an advanced topic. When you plug RaceCapture into your computer, dmesg should show /dev/ttyACM0 (or similar). The RaceCapture app should pick it up there and connect as it would with Windows or OSX.

You can also check with minicom (with the app shut down, naturally) and see if you can access the CLI. You might have a permissions issue accessing /dev/ttyACM0.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Copper280z

Post by Copper280z »

I just solved this myself. It's likely that you need to add your user to the dialout group to get access to the serial port.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for the update, glad you figured it out!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter