Driver setting

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

svanlare

Driver setting

Post by svanlare »

New user, switching over from a different data acq system.

We have a 2 car lemons team and I'm looking for a way to tag which car and which driver data was collected with.

Setting up one of the cars for the next Lucky Dog race (in two weeks) and my goal for that race is to get the raceCapture/Track system with a Raspberry Pi dash set up and streaming.

The setup has been pretty smooth so far, and after testing in my truck and driving around the neighborhood, I've now moved the system to the car and am figuring out where and how to mount it. Looking to have lap times and some telemetry for analysis and feeling good that all of that will work fine.

I'm viewing this race as a shakedown for the system then I'll expand the the second car for the next Lemon's race.

I would like to be able to go back to the files after the race and see who was driving which laps. But I cannot find a way to input that into the system and wondering how others handle this?

ferg

Post by ferg »

We have a paper log for each car, including in that is what laps we stopped, and if we changed drivers, who went in. If you just know the order of the drivers, then looking at Podium.Live, you can see when the pit stops occur.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

On Podium, if you hover over a lap, it will show you the time stamp when that lap was completed. You can correlate that with when the driver was in the car.

We have it on the list to allow you to actually tag laps with the driver, so the process will be smoother.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter