Alerts not saved in config?

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

tfriest

Alerts not saved in config?

Post by tfriest »

I just upgraded my RaceCapture/Pro mk2 to 2.15.1 and my dash (android phone) to 1.14.6
I had configured some alerts on my laptop, but they didn't seem to get saved in the config and transferred to the phone/dash after I upgraded that and synced with the RCP. I think the setting to save data in the app also did not transfer over (I have that turned off since I grab the logs from the SD card and analyze data on my laptop or in podium by uploading the logs).

Is it only dash layout that is saved to the config now? I expected the alerts to get saved, actually.

tfriest

Post by tfriest »

Based on a post in a different thread, I guess this question is answered...

The config file that you save from the app has more stuff (dash layouts and popup alert settings). However, the settings that are saved on the race capture (in my case a rcp mk2) do not have those extra config settings, so just those extra settings won't carry forward onto a new dash unless you copy the config file and load that.

Am I understanding it correctly?

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi,

I think you have it correct.

Dashboard and app specific settings are not stored in RaceCapture's firmware, but stored on the local device where the app is running.

When you save the setup to a file, this file will contain the combined settings from RaceCapture and the dashboard settings.

This file can be loaded on a different device, and it should restore the dashboard, including the alert settings.

Give that approach a try and let us know the results.

Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter