Cannot connect anymore, wifi, usb, bluetooth, still 5-2-21

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

manx500

Cannot connect anymore, wifi, usb, bluetooth, still 5-2-21

Post by manx500 »

Not sure what happened. It was working, racecapture pro mk3, updated firmware, connected to raspi dash, connected to android device, connected to windows through usb. Installed, then unintalled and put in a gps antenna, reinstalled and it was not communicating. still have the green power light. I can still see bluetooth and I can still pair, I can still see the wifi and can connect as well. When I open the app it says connecting forever, i gave up after 15min or so, for both wifi and usb. Removed it from car and powered directly by usb and tried again, still see wifi and bluetooth, nothing connected, removed wiring harness connector and gps antenna, still cannot connect with the app. Uninstalled, reinstalled, unpaired repaired. still app will not connect. Then connected direclty to windows laptop used several usb connectors including the one that worked before, also tested them with a gopro they all worked but i don't even see the connection in the device manager. Let racecapture run through all of the usb com ports several times and nothing.

Thoughts?
Last edited by manx500 on Sun May 02, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

manx500

Re: Cannot connect anymore, wifi, usb, bluetooth

Post by manx500 »

To be clear installed in car, was running the dash and working well untill I removed it to attach the external gps antenna.

manx500

Post by manx500 »

Windows 10 same laptop that I used the first time, so the drivers should be there.

manx500

Post by manx500 »

Tried several android devices to connect through wifi and bluetooth. I can see racecapture when I scan bluetooth and wifi. I can pair bluetooth and I can connect to wifi. I just cannot connect through the app. Again I used to be able to. I used several different android devices and still the same thing. I am powering the unit over usb via my laptop power connection, this is a newish dell precision laptop. Tried a few different usb cables on a few different laptops and all the same on the usb side, doesn't even connect, doesn't show in the device manager, no indication that it's connecting or disconnecting, used several different cables. I only see the green power light on the unit.

manx500

Post by manx500 »

Tried the alternative method. gets to com 11 where it is connecting says connecting after i start the firmware update but just sit's. tried it several times, restarted computer waiting several hours each time for it to start updating but nothing.

I now see it connect to usb com, so that is a change.

as expected it doesn't connect before or after loading the previous config file.
Load the file and i see the setup screen with tracks loaded etc.
go to firmware, load the latest firmware after decompressing the files. select the file and

Top right i see connecting once it gets to com11
in the center it says progress, but never gets past this. Just cannot get it to connect and finish the firmware update.

I also tried to update the rcp file by changing one of the settings and tried to write to the device. I get could not write configuration Port closed.
tried saving a new rcp file locally and then flashing using a new rcp file, still didn't work, got the same, connecting, progress waited 30min and nothing.

On the device i get the green power light and i get the orange sd card light flashing.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Cannot connect anymore, wifi, usb, bluetooth, still 5-2-21

Post by brentp »

Hi,

Are you getting a rapidly flashing orange LED when powered up? If so, it might be stuck in bootloader mode. Either a stuck button, or due to a failed firmware upgrade.

Try performing a new firmware upgrade - make sure you download the latest and correct firmware for your unit. If you have a RaceCapture/Pro MK3, this is the correct latest firmware: https://autosportlabs-software.s3-us-we ... 2.17.8.zip linked from https://podium.live/software

Please let us know what you find out. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter