Update!!!! working!!!! New app and iPhone don’t work well

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

Jetsmini

Update!!!! working!!!! New app and iPhone don’t work well

Post by Jetsmini »

I can’t see everything even with system text to smallest size. Unusable now.
Last edited by Jetsmini on Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: New app and iPhone don’t work well

Post by brentp »

Hi, we have upgraded the app to 2.1.25 which allows the app to rotate to portrait, so you can access the setup pages.

On some devices, the app does not fill the entire screen; we're working on a fix for that and should have it in the upcoming release.

What iPhone device are you using, for reference?
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

Jetsmini

Post by Jetsmini »

brentp wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:36 am Hi, we have upgraded the app to 2.1.25 which allows the app to rotate to portrait, so you can access the setup pages.

On some devices, the app does not fill the entire screen; we're working on a fix for that and should have it in the upcoming release.

What iPhone device are you using, for reference?
Ok, I'm using the iPhone 13 pro. but I've tried it on my iPhone 7 Plus as well with same doesn't fill entire screen.
I'm also having a issue with viewing logs. I don't track and do testing on street or on a drag strip. with that being said I'm unable to view my logs old and new. and my new logs are saying I'm missing distance data. I haven't changed anything and using some old settings of last app version on any devices android or iOS

sample of new log unavailable to analyze
IMG_0449.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg (138.72 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
same log on old and new app
IMG_04472.jpg
IMG_04472.jpg (211.04 KiB) Viewed 6790 times
IMG_04481.jpg
IMG_04481.jpg (185.65 KiB) Viewed 6790 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, Thanks fro the update.

We have a partial solution for the app not filling the window, but now they extend into the notch area on iPhones that have notches. That will be available in 2.1.26. We will have to address the notch issue separately.

For the logs, is the issue that you don't see a "----" lap (your first screenshot) or only that it's complaining about missing distance data?

To diagnose further, please export the session you're not able to view so we can re-create and fix the issue you're seeing. Also please save your current RaceCapture configuration file and attach it here.

You can transfer the exported file to your computer using the USB cable by using a tool like https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html

Then, you can send the log file using a file transfer service, dropbox, etc.

Thank you!
Attachments
iphone_notch_rc_app.png
iphone_notch_rc_app.png (104.53 KiB) Viewed 6788 times
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Jetsmini

Post by Jetsmini »

brentp wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm Hi, Thanks fro the update.

We have a partial solution for the app not filling the window, but now they extend into the notch area on iPhones that have notches. That will be available in 2.1.26. We will have to address the notch issue separately.

For the logs, is the issue that you don't see a "----" lap (your first screenshot) or only that it's complaining about missing distance data?

To diagnose further, please export the session you're not able to view so we can re-create and fix the issue you're seeing. Also please save your current RaceCapture configuration file and attach it here.

You can transfer the exported file to your computer using the USB cable by using a tool like https://www.i-funbox.com/en/index.html

Then, you can send the log file using a file transfer service, dropbox, etc.

Thank you!
For the logs it's both. Can't see any past logs or new logs in the new app. They are not displaying the values that were recorded.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99sakhou7ep8 ... AGwja?dl=0

Jetsmini

Post by Jetsmini »

UPDATE!!

After installing the upgraded firmware, the logging is now working for new logs(oops). And able to see those.
But still can't see old logs. Not sure if I really need to see them at this point anyway. But some mite.
Thanks

Jetsmini

Post by Jetsmini »

The only other request I have is, can we get rid of this bar here on the iPhone? I'm assuming its one of the resizing issues but this is on my both my iPhones, 7 plus and 13 pro thanks.
IMG_0464.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg (157.04 KiB) Viewed 6783 times
IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg (43.47 KiB) Viewed 6783 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi, I had assumed you had upgraded the firmware, and was puzzled why distance was not working. The firmware was updated to provide an incrementing distance value outside the context of a lap. Thanks for figuring that out on your end.

For your the images showing the toolbar, I see the app is in landscape mode. On this iphone shown, is the app not using the full width of the display? It is hard to tell if there's more screen real-estate possible.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Jetsmini

Post by Jetsmini »

Yes, I apologize. I watched the initial YouTube video and thought I could update the firmware through the app on the phone. Eventually I figured out I need to actually plug it in to the laptop and upgrade it that way.

And the screen on the iPhone 7 Plus is using all of the screen real estate. I even made sure my settings on the phone itself is not set to zoom or anything like that. I actually have the text size at its smallest.

Thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

2.1.26 just landed in iTunes, which allows the app to use the full screen width.

I was hoping it would resolve all cases of the double toolbar in landscape mode, but your feedback tells me it probably won't. Please check and let me know if it makes a difference, however.
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/racecapture/id1162797255

We can make an update that always retains a single toolbar row if in landscape mode (window width > window height). That will show up in 2.1.27 .

Thanks for your patience and working through it with us!
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Jetsmini

Re: Update!!!! working!!!! New app and iPhone don’t work well

Post by Jetsmini »

Ok tested today with both iPhone 7 Plus and 13 pro and full screen work great even with the notch on the 13.
Thanks

Ok so the next thing I see not working is the save button for the analyze gauge seen here.
IMG_0494.jpg
IMG_0494.jpg (156.67 KiB) Viewed 6741 times

And here is in full screen sized working very good iPhone 7 Plus
IMG_0501.jpg
IMG_0501.jpg (208.92 KiB) Viewed 6741 times

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

That's great, thanks for the update. Looks like the toolbar is back to a single row. This is good; we only want the double row to show up if a small device is in portrait mode.

Unfortunately, saving a dashboard from iOS is currently not working. But you can design a dashboard on your desktop/laptop and then import it into your iOS device. This problem is with the underlying framework, so we have to work with the framework developers to get it resolved. It may take some time.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

Jetsmini

Post by Jetsmini »

There was one other thing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqapjef1tij0k ... 4.mov?dl=0

Link of video showing when I try to select a channel it selects other channels as well around it.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks, we've logged the issue around those multiple channel selects.

Seems to happen on small form factor screens (e.g. phones - not an iOS specific issue). Does not happen on larger screens like desktop or larger tablets.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

2.1.27 is available on the app store with fixes for saving presets on iOS, and the multi-channel select issue.

=2.1.27==
* Fix failure to save preset on iOS
* Fix label font sizing for lap delta gauge
* Fix channel selection of multi channel gauge