Poor android app performance and disconnecting from podium

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

petik

Poor android app performance and disconnecting from podium

Post by petik »

Figured I would post a bit more general question around what it takes to get the app to perform well on Android. The app appears to just be getting slower and slower with newer releases to a point where it's just difficult to get anything usable going (even changing screens). I don't have particularly new hardware, but not really anything terribly old. Tried deleting all app data and cache, as well as force enabling 2d rendering. Very slight improvement, but still very, very slow.

Is there a recommended configuration for best performance and minimum hw config for it to be useful?

Separately, I'm having considerable issues getting the app to push data to podium. It'll do so for a lap or two maybe and then disconnect. The app itself shows it is connected (and has solid 4g connection), but in podium the car is not. Most recently I even saw a lap show up in podium only for it to disappear a few minutes later. Used to work perfectly for an 8hr enduro, but now it's incredibly unreliable.

brentp
Site Admin

Re: Poor android app performance and disconnecting from podium

Post by brentp »

Hi,

What device brand / model are you running on? Are you seeing this with a different android device?

Try un-installing / re-installing the app, if you haven't.

Thanks,
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter