RaceCapture MK2 wont connect

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

sy2206

RaceCapture MK2 wont connect

Post by sy2206 »

Hey guys,

I'm not having much luck here, hoping someone can help me out. I recently bought a car that has a RaceCapture MK2 in it, and I was told at one point in time it was working properly, however I can't get it to connect at all. The car came with a Lenovo Tab4 tablet also. I was able to successfully update the firmware in the MK2 and update the app on the tablet. When I go into the Bluetooth settings on the tablet, I am able to get it to pair with the MK2, I think. Under the main Bluetooth folder, it says "Not Connected", but when I go into that folder, it does list it under the Paired Devices (see attached picts). This is as far as I can get. When I launch the RC app on the tablet, and go to "First Time Setup", I get the "Ensure your handheld is paired with the RaceCapture Bluetooth. Waiting for connection..." and the circle just keeps spinning forever... Meanwhile the LED on the top of the unit flashes blue rapidly (not sure if that's relevant or helpful, just an observation).

Any help is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Mark
Attachments
IMG_2341.JPG
IMG_2341.JPG (206.55 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
IMG_2340.JPG
IMG_2340.JPG (200.53 KiB) Viewed 3891 times

brentp
Site Admin

Re: RaceCapture MK2 wont connect

Post by brentp »

Hi, what exact hardware version of RaceCapture do you have? "RaceCapture MK2" is insufficient, as we have different models (RaceCapture/Pro, RaceCapture/Track) and generations of RaceCapture (MK1, MK2, etc).
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

sy2206

Post by sy2206 »

brentp wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:41 pm Hi, what exact hardware version of RaceCapture do you have? "RaceCapture MK2" is insufficient, as we have different models (RaceCapture/Pro, RaceCapture/Track) and generations of RaceCapture (MK1, MK2, etc).
Sorry, it's a RaceCapture Track MK2.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Thanks for clarifying.

As an experiment, can you try pairing and connecting with a different Android device, such as a Fire tablet, or phone?

Make sure the RC app is not running on that original device while you do this test.

Also, from the USB connection on your desktop, you can also perform a factory reset (Setup / firmware), then power cycle and try connecting again.
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter