use racecapture without having to hook up to data logger

Discussion on the RaceCapture App - Windows, Android, OSX and Linux.

Moderators: JeffC, stieg

ProtoTim35

use racecapture without having to hook up to data logger

Post by ProtoTim35 »

I'm running a MK3. I like the newest version of RaceCapture app 2.6.0. One thing I think it could really use to make it a lot better - at least from my perspective. I do most of my work on a PC at home after the event is over. It's a bit of a pain to take the MK3 out of my racecar and hook it up to my computer. It's a LOT easier to take the data card from the MK3 and from my GoPro, and plug the cards into my computer - without having the data logger at the computer. Is there a way you can make the RaceCapture app capable of running on a Windows PC by way of strictly the data and video cards, rather than through the data logger?

For comparison purposes, you might check out how I currently do my data and video analysis. I use RaceRender. If you haven't looked at what it can do, check out my video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U7wR5LLaLY&t=2s, or for a newer version of my setup with more features, check this video (not a particularly good depiction of my performance capabilities, but shows how much I can set up for analyzing my events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLN7xAJxSHY

It would be nice to have those capabilities on RaceCapture - and have them without having to plug directly into the data logger. On racerender, I never have to hook up to my data logger - works great with my laptop at the track too of course.

Thanks,
Tim G

brentp
Site Admin

Re: use racecapture without having to hook up to data logger

Post by brentp »

Hi Tim,

Not sure what an "MK3" is - can you clarify?
Also, the RaceCapture app already runs on Windows (in addition to OSX and Linux)
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter