Racecapture wifi not broadcasting after update

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
Def

Racecapture wifi not broadcasting after update

Post by Def »

I had my Racecapture connected to my PC doing some initial setup, and I updated the wifi settings (specifically changed the SSID name, enabled a password, and put in WPA2 encryption). I wrote to the Racecapture and now don't see any wifi SSID broadcast when I have it powered on with any device.

I have tried to install and run the Racecapture 1.8.0 Windows application, but I keep getting an error that msvcr100.dll is not installed even after installing the 2010 Visual C++ package that is supposed to contain it. This is on a laptop running Windows 10.

Kinda at a loss as to what to do now. Is there an easy way to reset everything to factory default?

Def

Post by Def »

Ok, I got the Racecapture app installed on my Win10 desktop and connected to the RC via USB. Possibly when scrolling the Access Point Mode had been disabled.

But I'm noticing that no changes on the wifi Access Point Mode change anything. I still get the default Racecapture 1407034091834908 (random number string? not what I actually have displaying) and unsecured as the wifi access point, even after changing it, writing to the RC, and then power cycling it and connecting to it via Wifi or USB.

Possibly a bug?

I still can't get the Racecapture app to install on my Win10 laptop. I copied the missing .dll file into the System32 and 64 bit Windows folder (forget name, equivalent of System32 for 64 bit), and now it just says it can't launch the application. Uninstalled and reinstalled a few times... kinda stumped there. But at least my desktop works.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi Def,

we had a bad package published for 1.8.0 and the fix seems to have resolved the issues for others. Try downloading 1.8.0 again and re-installing, removing any previous 1.8.0 version (and old installer). thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter