Dual Devices on 1 RC device ?

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
kiwiracer

Dual Devices on 1 RC device ?

Post by kiwiracer »

Hi..

I am looking around for the best tablet to use to display my Race Capture screen, but most don't have data plans, and if you get one with one, they are over priced and try to lock you in.

Is it possible to have
- 1 Tablet displaying info (via Android App?)
- 1 Android Device attached (Android Phone) that's uploading to Podium Live ?

Concurrently connected to the RaceCapture Box ?

Unless you can recommend a unlocked android tablet (hopefully in a cyber monday deal:-))

thanks !

kiwiracer

Post by kiwiracer »

Ok.. I fixed my issue :-) I brought a LG G Pad X 10.1

ATT has a Cyber Monday deal (it could run til December some time), if you have an account on ATT, I got a G Pad for an additional $10 per month to my plan (24 month commitment).. basically LTE 10" Device with Data for $240

cheers

rdoherty

Post by rdoherty »

Hi Kiwiracer! Yes, it is possible to have 2 tablets connected to RC's wifi and 'listening' for data at the same time. Just make sure to only use 1 of them for configuration as neither would know about each other and could overwrite data. Glad to hear you found a nice tablet with a data plan!
Ryan Doherty
Autosports Labs