Race Capture/Pro Version 1 - Blue Tooth Module and Telemetry

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
TeamLemon-aid

Race Capture/Pro Version 1 - Blue Tooth Module and Telemetry

Post by TeamLemon-aid »

I purchased my unit a looong time ago as part of the original kickstart for Autosport. I have NEVER used it. When I purchased it I purchased the RealTime module also.

We are finally getting around to wanting to use it. I have update the firmware and loaded the software on the computer. Everything seems to function as it should.

Before I get too far down this "rabbit hole" with hooking this up to our E46, I was wondering if it is possible with this version of hardware to both use a Bluetooth connection to an Android tablet in the car to function as a dashboard, and also use the sim card unit to send telemetry to the pits? I have looked for this in the How-to section, but I must be missing it. I am thinking that you cannot do both with this version of the hardware.

Ultimately, that is what I want to be able to do. I suppose, at minimum I want to be able to have the Bluetooth function.

I already pulled the trigger on the Bluetooth unit, but I guess I'm not sure if it is compatible with the early hardware.

Also, we are running SpecE46, so I purchased the cable to get data more easily.

I guess if there is any direction the forum users might have I would be very thankful. I'm hoping the answer isn't to purchase the newer version of the Race Capture/Pro.

Chris
Changing Kids Lives, One Lap at a Time

TeamLemon-aid

Post by TeamLemon-aid »

I put this in the wrong forum section. Will repost in correct section.
Changing Kids Lives, One Lap at a Time