Custom Sensor with RC

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
kiwiracer

Custom Sensor with RC

Post by kiwiracer »

Can I add sensors to wires 4-7 on the cable and expose it in RC and up to Podium ?

Specifically I need to add my Innovate Wideband Sensor. With HP Tuners I have it as a external analog input.

I want to do the same so I can monitor the Wideband O2 levels from Podium while racing.

thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi kiwiracer, there aren't any analog ports available on the plug and play version of RaceCapture.

However, if you have a sensor that can ouput CAN messages, or if you have an analog to CAN converter, you'll be able to map that data via the CAN mapping capabilities, coming out in 1.9.0.

Demo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc1Bi__0IDk
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter

kiwiracer

Post by kiwiracer »

mmm, interesting

with this version of RC can I add other PIDs to monitor via podium ?

So I could do something like this http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5- ... uners.html

and read the value off a egr or ac sensor thats in that range ?

thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

You mean re-purpose an OEM sensor for something else, like wideband? Certainly possible in theory.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

kiwiracer

Post by kiwiracer »

brentp wrote:You mean re-purpose an OEM sensor for something else, like wideband? Certainly possible in theory.
Yea, my brother does it for his HP tuners as he does not have the dongle with the serial IO ports. I see in the youtube the custom pids.. If there's a Beta of this im happy to test it. do you support the E67 GM ECU ?

thanks

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

If it's CAN OBDII (2008+) then any OEM specific PID should be supported, since requesting OBDII PIDs is specified in the OBDII standard- the demo video describes how it would be done.

You'd "just" need to know what PIDs to request and plug it into the configuration. :)
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter

kiwiracer

Post by kiwiracer »

brentp wrote:If it's CAN OBDII (2008+) then any OEM specific PID should be supported, since requesting OBDII PIDs is specified in the OBDII standard- the demo video describes how it would be done.

You'd "just" need to know what PIDs to request and plug it into the configuration. :)
cool, any ETA on when this feature will be out

Cheers

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

No ETA, but it's a high priority for our next major release.
Brent Picasso
Facebook | Twitter