AiM CAN trouble

Q&A for the RaceCapture Plug & Play - general hardware related usage and operation; for app related questions please post in the RaceCapture app section.

also see the <a href="https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/RaceCapture_Quickstart">RaceCapture quick start guide</a>
jcforbes

AiM CAN trouble

Post by jcforbes »

Hi guys, just got a RC/Pro installed and I'm having trouble getting the CAN to talk to my AiM MXL2 consistently. I've gotten it to connect and display correct twice out of about 50 attempts so I know it's POSSIBLE and that everything is hooked up, but most of the time I'm seeing "timeout rx can msg" in the log view. I'm using the guide in the WiKi for smartycam CAN. Where do I start diagnosing this?

Also, Brent we used to talk back in the day on the OG MegaSquirt Yahoo group.. I'm an original first group purchase MSer ;-).

EDIT: Shit I just realized I posted this in the wrong category. Please move it Mr Admin!

jcforbes

Post by jcforbes »

Update: I have found a rhyme and reason. It appears that if I run the Lua script twice after powering up it will start working. Upon powere cycle it stops again and gives the same error. Run the Lua **twice** and it comes alive again.

brentp
Site Admin

Post by brentp »

Hi - I think we messaged off line, but just let us see the current raceCapture configuration and the current firmware and we'll see why it's behaving that way. You can email it to [email protected] or you can attach it here in a zip file - either way works. Thanks!
Brent Picasso
CEO and Founder, Autosport Labs
Facebook | Twitter